How do I add video metadata?
- Access the Metadata Manager under Settings
- Give the field a label
- Select Audio or Video
- Select the input method (open text, dropdown, checkbox etc)
- Set as searchable, so users will be able to filter by the field
- Press apply to save changes
How do I upload videos?
Add new videos to your account by doing the following:
- Click the Media Button from the Home page.
- In the Media Management panel, click the + Upload button on the right side of the submenu tabs next to the Job Queue button.
- Follow the prompts to upload your content into the system, upload time will vary based on file size.
How do I add new Users to my account?
Add new Users to your account by clicking on the Users Tab and then:
- Click the Add a User button in the right-hand corner of the panel.
- Enter in the requested fields; Username/Email, Name (First and Last), Password, and then confirm the entered password.
- Click the Edit button in the Actions column next to the User you want to edit.
- Change the Permission Level to the correct Permission profile.
- Check Notify User box if you would like to notify the new user.
- Click Submit.
How do I customize a playlist player?
To customize a playlist player, click the Playlist tab and navigate to the group playlist you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button for that playlist (default will be the Edit tab).
- Scroll to Template drop-down menu. Basic Player allows for background color customization, Sleek Player is ideal for mobile delivery and Screening Room is great for full screen viewing environments.
- When your selection has be made, click the Apply button to save your changes.
- You can view your changes by clicking the View button from the Playlist main playlist panel.
How do I create a Playlist?
To create a Playlist, first click on the Playlists tab.
- Click Add Playlist button (right corner).
- Type in the name of the playlist.
- Select the type of media from the drop down menu.
After creating a Playlist, a Content Manager can add video content and Basic Users to the playlist.
How do I update the Video information such as Title and Description?
A Content Manager is able to quickly update the Details of a video asset from within the Edit Media Tab.
- From the Media Tab hover your mouse over the Title of media to be edited.
- Click Edit (default will be the Edit tab). This will open the Edit Media panel where the Title, Description, Tags, and Distribution Status of the video asset can be changed.
How do I trim the length of a video?
Content Managers can trim long form content into shorter segments using the Trim Tool in the Edit Media panel, located in the Media Tab. Trim enables Content Manager's to cut out color bars, video title slates, and excessive black leader before the video content begins. To use the Trim Tool:
- Click the Edit Button next to the video you want edit, then click the Trim tab.
- To Trim the video, click the play button and then click the Mark In >| button (on the bottom-left of the Trim tool) to mark the IN point or start frame of where you want you video to begin.
- Click the player timeline bar close to where you want the video to end. Click the Mark Out |< button to Mark the last from of the video.
- Click the Create button in the bottom-left corner to create the new Trimmed Asset. When it has finished processing, it will display as a new video asset for your use.
How do I change my screenshot?
In the Media Tab, click the Edit button next to the video you want to update and then click on the Screenshot Tab. The Screenshot creator provides two options to update the thumbnail of your video asset. The first is to select a specific frame from the movie to represent the clip. To do this:
- Play the video in the player until the frame you want to use to update the thumbnail and press pause.
- Click the Generate button to create the screenshot. Keep in mind the system is generating a thumbnail from the source file so it may take a minute or two to update the thumbnail with the new image.
The other option is to upload a new screenshot thumbnail by clicking the browse button next to Select File and upload to replace the image. Keep in mind this is much faster process. If you want to have complete control on how the thumbnail is displayed, make sure you size the image 120 pixels wide and 76 pixels high or the system will automatically scale the image down to fit in the preview pane.
How do I enter in Metadata?
- In the Media Tab, click the Edit button next to the video asset in which you want to enter metadata.
- Click the Metadata Tab in the Edit Media panel. Content Managers can enter metadata in all the available spaces provided. Fields that have no Metadata entered will not be added to the video metadata display in the playlist.
- To save the entered metadata, click the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
How do I customize Metadata fields?
To customize the fields in the Metadata Tab, Content Managers will need to update the Metadata Manager. To access the Metadata Manager:
- Click on the Account Settings tab in the top right corner of your account.
- Click the Metadata MGR tab. The Metadata Manager enables Content Managers to Add Fields, Import Fields or Edit existing fields.
- Click the + Add Fields button to create a new Metadata field.
- Enter the field name in the "Label" field.
- Select the type of field you want users to update (Text, Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio Buttons).
- Next select the Asset Type the Metadata field should be available (Video, Audio, Image).
- Select the Yes/No dropdown menu to make the field a required entry.
How do I attach documents and images to my videos?
- Click the Edit button next to the video in which you want to add attachments.
- Click the Attachments Tab.
- On the left-hand side of the attachments pane, click the Add Attachments Browser button to navigate to the file.
- Enter a simple description for the document you have attached such as Artwork or Contract.
- Click the Upload button to add the attachment and description to the video asset.
How do I add content to my playlist?
If you want to add multiple videos to a playlist:
- Click the Playlist tab.
- Click the Playlist Items button next to the Playlist you want to add content to.
- In the top right corner, click the +Add Video button to search for videos that can be added to the playlist.
- Once all videos have been chosen, click 'Add Selected Videos to Playlist'.
- After you see the videos in your playlist, select the version of the video from the dropdown on the right and click apply to save.
Alternatively, Content Managers can add a single video to multiple playlist through the Media Tab.
- In the Media Tab, Content Managers can click 'Add to Playlist' for the appropriate video to bring up a list of all active playlists.
- Select the playlist that you'd like the video to appear in.
- Click apply to save the settings.
How do I add a custom logo to a playlist?
You can add a custom logo to replace the playlist title by clicking on the Playlist Player Setting Tab within the Edit Button in Access Control.
How do I import a list of basic users into my Account?
If you want to Import a list of new Users into your account:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Add User panel to the Import Users panel.
- Browse to your CSV file formatted as: Email, Password, First Name, Last Name.When importing a list of Users, make sure you create a password that is either generic for all or unique based on your preference.
How do I add users to a playlist?
There are multiple ways to add users to playlists:
Lets start by creating a new user and adding them through the User Tab.
- Go to the Users Tab and click the Add a User button in the right-hand corner of the Manager User panel.
- Enter in the new Users email address, First and Last name, create a password, confirm the password.
- In the Add user to Playlist field click on the playlist(s) you want the user to be added to.
Alternatively, if the User is already created, you can click the Edit button next to their name with in the Manage Uses panel.
- In the Edit User panel, click the User Playlist tab.
- Add or remove the playlist(s) you want the user to have access to.
Lastly, you can import a list of users in a CSV file.
- Click the Add Users button can scroll down to the Import Users panel.
- Create an Excel document with four columns: EMAIL, PASSWORD, FIRST NAME, LAST NAME.
- Save the excel file As a .CSV (Comma Delimited).
- Now click the browse button and add the CSV file to the upload.
- Click Import to add the new users to the system.
How do I email a Playlist?
To email a Playlist, go to the Playlist tab and do the following:
- Scroll to the playlist you wish to share and click edit.
- Click Email Invite.
- If users have been already added to the playlist their email address will appear in the 'Send Email Invitation To' field.
- Select the email addresses you want to share the content with.
- Enter a subject, Greeting and when ready, click the Send Invite button to launch the email invitation. Keep in mind if you're user has never logged in before, it is good practice to notify them of their login email and password.
How do I create a high resolution version for display from the source video I uploaded?
- Go to the Media Tab and click the Edit button next to the video you want to make a version.
- Click the Versions Tab. The left-side of the panel displays the current versions that have been created. By default the source file is listed as well as the default encode profile that is created when a new video asset is added to the system.
- On the right-side of this panel is the Add a New Version.
- Click the Select a Profile dropdown menu and choose for any of the existing profiles.
- Click the Generate button to send the file to the online transcoder. The new version will display in the left-hand corner as an active link once it has completed processing.
- To check on the status of your new encode, click the Job Queue button in the top left-hand corner of the Edit Media panel.